1. Try keeping a bag tucked in your handbag or car door so you’re always prepared
2. Take advantage of reusable bags that are ultra compact and small - some even attach to a keychain
3. Put bags where you can see them, for example near the front door
4. Put a note on your dashboard
5. Use a handy steering wheel reminder (http://www.bagnesia.com)
6. Write on top of your shopping list “Don’t forget reusable bags”
7. As soon as you empty the reusable bags, put them back in the car or a place where you will not forget to take them
8. Try using an acronym checklist before you leave the house, for example: KWB - Keys, Wallet, Bags
9. Give your kids the task to remind you of your reusable bags
10. Don’t bag at all: bring the shopping cart to your car and transfer the groceries into a cardboard box and take the box inside the house.
These days there are many choices of reusable bags available. If you can't find one you like in your neighborhood store, they are only a short Internet search away—you will find a wide variety of bags that will fit your lifestyle.
Need a reusable bag? Stay tuned. We're working on an option now with local merchants.